New in 2009!!
Reformation Pictionary Telephone
Download instructions here.
1. Sit in a circle. Each person take a pile of Bright Guy post-it-notes and a pencil, counted out one for each person in the circle. (15 people =15 post-it-notes each)
2. Every person write a Lutheran phrase on their top post-it-note. Encourage Creativity (Bright ideas from the reformation, Lutheran places, church names, historical references, scripture texts, phrases from the liturgy, hymn titles, famous Lutherans etc.)
3. Everyone pass their pile (their entire pile) to the left.
4. The next person gets the pile, reads the phrase, moves the phrase to the bottom of the pile. This person must draw a picture of what the phrase said.
5. Everyone pass their pile to the left.
6. The next person looks at the picture and writes a word or phrase to describe what they saw.
7. Everyone pass their pile to the left.
8. Picture . Pass . Word or phrase . Pass . Picture . Pass . etc. until the pile has gone around the whole circle.
9. Everyone gets their own pile back and then SHARE. It started as _____ it turned into _____ it ended as _____. Often times HILARIOUS RESULTS.
Also new in 2009 is a Martin Luther quiz. Download quiz here.
Not new, but great old games to play again or try if you haven't yet!
1. Play Reformation Pictionary with words like theology, truth, red, beer, 95 theses, free, nun, A Mighty Fortress, diet, Germany, devil, Gospel, Law, baptism, lightning, grace, October 31, castle, monk, worms, nail, indulgences, church and door.
From Becky in Georgia
2. Have a "Baptismal Apple Dunk"
3. Run a "Law and Gospel Shuffle Relay"
4. Create a "Fishers of Men" Fishing Pond
5. Do a "Defeat the Devil Ball Toss"
6. Play "Pin the 95 Theses on the Wittenberg Door"
7. Run a "Throw Indulgences in the Trash" relay
8. Hold a "Mightiest Fortress" building contest- build a tower and see whose is strongest.
9. Participate in the "Diet of Worms" - otherwise known as gummy worm eating contest. -
Our Savior Lutheran Church